[Gluster-devel] Moving Regressions to Centos 7

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Wed Dec 20 09:30:45 UTC 2017

Hello folks,

We've been using Centos 6 for our regressions for a long time. I believe
it's time that we moved to Centos 7. It's causing us minor issues. For
example, tests run fine on the regression boxes but don't work on local
machines or vice-versa. Moving up gives us the ability to use newer
versions of tools as well.

If nobody has any disagreement, the plan is going to look like this:
* Bring up 10 Rackspace Centos 7 nodes.
* Test chunked regression runs on Rackspace Centos 7 nodes for one week.
* If all works well, kill off all the old nodes and switch all normal
regressions to Rackspace Centos 7 nodes.

I expect this process to be complete right around 2nd week of Jan. Please
let me know if there are concerns.

--
nigelb