[Gluster-devel] Periodic Monitoring of gluster bricks & volumes

Rama Shenai rama at unity3d.com
Fri Dec 8 21:18:55 UTC 2017

Hi, I am looking at different options to monitoring gluster periodically
and I came across the gluster-exporter project (
https://github.com/ofesseler/gluster_exporter).

In essence, this exporter periodically queries the gluster CLI possibly
multiple times within a minute (for example: gluster volume status <vol>
detail, or gluster peer status etc..). I do wonder if there is any overhead
in doing so, especially on two aspects (i) if every brick in a volume
performs the CLI query and (ii) any other management transaction is in
progress

Any thoughts here is appreciated

Rama