[Gluster-devel] Release 3.12: Readiness for release (request attention)
srangana at redhat.com
Fri Aug 25 20:48:01 UTC 2017
Here is a status of 3.12 from a release readiness perspective.
Most importantly, if there are any known blockers for the release,
please shout out ASAP. Final release tagging would be slated (around)
30th Aug, 2017
1) YELLOW: Release notes are in, but need a review by feature owners
(and others based on interest).
See  for release notes, and if there are edits submit the same for
review, using the issue # for the feature as the github issue reference,
or the release tracker bug as the BUG ID .
2) YELLOW: Glusto status: Better than master! see . If we get more
runs in, then we can decide if there are blockers or not, this is not a
release gating run yet.
3) GREEN: fstat status: This is way better than prior releases, since
branching none of the commits have failed on CentOS, all failures are on
NetBSD (which has its share of problems on master as well). See  for
4) GREEN: Bug status: We are waiting on the last marked blocker
(undergoing centos regression due to timeout) and there are no other
blockers notified on the tracker bug .
Waiting to merge: https://review.gluster.org/#/c/18100/
5) GREEN: Backports (that are present in master or have no -ve review
scores) are all merged as of this writing 
6) RED: Upgrade from 3.8 and 3.10 to 3.12 as stated in the (older)
upgrade guides 
- Are there any new upgrade related issues (geo-rep, snapshots, anything
to consider)? Would like maintainers attention on this if there are any
further things to call-out
- Any help here is appreciated! This is not at risk, as I should be able
to complete the same, but help is appreciated.
7) RED: At least get in a couple of gbench  (Gluster bench marking
runs) in for replicated and dispersed volumes (action on me)
 Release notes:
 Release tracker:
 glusto 3.12 status:
 fstat status since branching:
 3.12 gerrit dashboard:
 Older upgrade guide:
 gbench test:
"Releases are made better together"
More information about the Gluster-devel