[Gluster-devel] gluster --version when built from git

mabi mabi at protonmail.ch
Sun Aug 20 17:58:30 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have manually compiled GlusterFS 3.8.14 from git (https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/archive/v3.8.14.tar.gz) on my Raspberry Pi and noticed that when I run a "gluster --version" command I do not see 3.8.14 as version number but the build date instead as you can see below:

$ gluster --version
glusterfs  built on Aug  4 2017 11:00:27
Repository revision: git://git.gluster.com/glusterfs.git
Copyright (c) 2006-2011 Gluster Inc. <http://www.gluster.com>
GlusterFS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of GlusterFS under the terms of the GNU General Public License.

How can I get to build GluserFS that when running "gluster --version" it shows the version number "3.8.14" instead of the build date? Is there a configure option for that maybe?

Regards,
Mabi