[Gluster-devel] About spread count, lookup and layout

Tahereh Fattahi t28.fattahi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 04:34:25 UTC 2017

Thanks a lot
I read in document that when we want to create a file, first we should be
sure that this file does not exist in the directory. So first look at the
hashed subvolume and if it does not exist then broad cast this lookup to
other subvolume (when lookup optimize is off) to ensure that this file was
not created before.
I had thought that lookup everywhere is for searching file not for layout.
I want to reduce the lookup for file (not layout) when lookup optimize is
off and compare it when lookup optimize is on. (of course lookup optimize
on is better , I want do this)