[Gluster-devel] Why not provide useful config.guess and config.sub in gluster's release tarball

Zhengping Zhou johnzzpcrystal at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 08:58:38 UTC 2017

      I have encountered a problem while trying to compile the
release source tarball as usual :./confiugre;make;make install.
It seems the Makefile generated by configure is not right and
without any obvious error message.(Actually there are several
warnings, such like "configure: WARNING: cache variable
ac_cv_build contains a newline")
      I found the parameters "host" and "build" in Makefile
which should passed by user or detected by config.guess are
wrong, because current config.guess in the  release tarball
doesn't work as its explain in its content.
      Maybe it is better not to provide default configure file in the
release tarball directly, so the users will run ./autogen.sh to
generate the right configure and config.guess.Or we can provide
a useful config.guess as usual.

Thanks!
Zhengping