[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-Maintainers] 'Reviewd-by' tag for commits

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Sep 30 13:08:53 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 07:11:51AM +0530, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
> hi,
>      At the moment 'Reviewed-by' tag comes only if a +1 is given on the
> final version of the patch. But for most of the patches, different people
> would spend time on different versions making the patch better, they may
> not get time to do the review for every version of the patch. Is it
> possible to change the gerrit script to add 'Reviewed-by' for all the
> people who participated in the review?
>
> Or removing 'Reviewed-by' tag completely would also help to make sure it
> doesn't give skewed counts.

I would not feel comfortable automatically adding Reviewed-by tags for
people that did not review the last version. They may not agree with the
last version, so adding their "approved stamp" on it may not be correct.
See the description of Reviewed-by in the Linux kernel sources [0].

Maybe we can add an additional tag that mentions all the people that
did do reviews of older versions of the patch. Not sure what the tag
would be, maybe just CC?

Niels

0. http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/SubmittingPatches#n552