[Gluster-devel] Dht readdir filtering out names

Raghavendra Gowdappa rgowdapp at redhat.com
Fri Sep 30 03:43:30 UTC 2016

dht_readdirp_cbk has different behaviour for directories and files.

1. If file, pick the dentry (passed from subvols as part of readdirp response) if the it corresponds to data file.
2. If directory pick the dentry if readdirp response is from hashed-subvol.

In all other cases, the dentry is skipped and not passed to higher layers/application. To elaborate, the dentries which are ignored are:
1. dentries corresponding to linkto files.
2. dentries from non-hashed subvols corresponding to directories.

Since the behaviour is different for different filesystem objects, dht needs ia_type to choose its behaviour.