[Gluster-devel] logs/cores for smoke failures

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Tue Sep 27 07:43:15 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 12:52:45PM +0530, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 12:39 PM, Nigel Babu <nigelb at redhat.com> wrote:

> > the
> > > >

> > > Oh, we can't archive the logs like we do for regression runs?
> >
> > We don't log anything for smoke tests. Perhaps we should. Would you care to
> > send a patch for smoke.sh[1] so we log the appropriate files?
> >

> hmm... I see that gluster is launched normally so it should log fine. I
> guess I didn't understand the question.

The regression runs log quite a lot of things in line with what they test. The
smoke test runs just two things - posix compliance tests and dbench. Dbench is
the bit that's failing for us. The dbench output is printed onto the screen if
it fails.

What logs do you want to add to smoke jobs? If you want Gluster logs, write the
patch to get those cleared before the start of smoke test, archived afterward,
and dumped into /archives?

--
nigelb