[Gluster-devel] Fixes for spurious failures in open-behind.t

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Tue Sep 27 02:43:24 UTC 2016

hi,
    I found the following two issues and fixed them:

    Problems:
    1) flush-behind is on by default, so just because write completes
doesn't mean
       it will be on the disk, it could still be in write-behind's cache.
This
       leads to failure where if you write from one mount and expect it to
be there
       on the other mount, sometimes it won't be there.
    2) Sometimes the graph switch is not completing by the time we issue
read which
       is leading to opens not being sent on brick leading to failures.

    Fixes:
    1) Disable flush-behind
    2) Add new functions to check the new graph is there and connected to
bricks
       before 'cat' is executed.

Check bz: 1379511 for more info.

Please let me know if you still face any failures after this. I removed it
from being bad test.

--
Pranith