[Gluster-devel] Multiplexing - good news, bad news, and a plea for help

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Tue Sep 20 12:23:50 UTC 2016

> If I understood brick-multiplexing correctly, add-brick/remove-brick
> add/remove graphs right? I don't think the grah-cleanup is in good
> shape, i.e. it should lead to memory leaks etc. Did you get a chance
> to think about it?

I haven't tried to address memory leaks specifically, but most of my
work has been fixing bugs have been latent for ages but weren't biting
us for one reason or another.  For example:

 * Clients weren't reconnecting properly if setvolume failed (as opposed
   to the connection itself failing).

 * FUSE wasn't updating to use a new graph in the proper place, causing
   requests to be sent down to the old graph (where they'd get stuck).

Those might sound simple, but each required hours of debugging to arrive
at a diagnosis and fix - and there are several more.  When I'm done
fixing these kinds of preexisting functional problems, I'll look into
preexisting memory leaks.  Thanks for the heads-up.