[Gluster-devel] Events API new Port requirement

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Sep 8 22:25:18 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 10:03:03PM +0530, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
> > This definitely has my preference too. I've always wanted to try to
> > register port 24007/8, and maybe the time has come to look into it.
>
> Has someone within the project previously undertaken the process of
> requesting the IANA for assignment of a new service name and port
> number value?

Not that I know. I think Amar had an interest several years ago, but
I've never seen any requests or results.

There are some Red Hat colleagues that might have experience with this.
I can ask and see if they can provide any guidance. But if there is
someone very interested and eager to request these ports, please go
ahead (and CC me on the communications).

Niels