[Gluster-devel] GlusterFs upstream bugzilla components Fine graining

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Tue Sep 6 09:00:41 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 12:42 PM, Muthu Vigneshwaran <mvignesh at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   Actually the currently component list in the Bugzilla appears to be in
> just alphabetical order of all components and sub-components as a flattened
> list.
>
> Planning to better organize the component list. So the bugs can be
> reported on the components( mostly matching different git repositories) and
> sub-components( mostly matching different components in the git repository,
> or functionality ) in the list respectively which will help in easy access
> for the reporter of the bug and as well as the assignee.
>
> Along with these changes we will have only major version number(3.6,
> 3.7..) (as mentioned in an earlier email from Kaleb - check that :) )
> unlike previously we had major version with minor version. Reporter has to
> mention the minor version in the description (the request for the exact
> version is already part of the template)
>
> In order to do so we require the maintainers to list their top-level
> component and sub-components to be listed along with the version for
> each.You should include the version for glusterfs (3.6,3.7,3.8,3.9,mainline
> ) and the sub-components as far as you have them ready. Also give examples
> of other components and their versions (gdeploy etc). It makes a huge
> difference for people to amend that has bits missing, starting from scratch
> without examples it difficult ;-)

This is the tree structure for cli, glusterd & glusterd2 sub components.
Although glusterd2 is currently maintained as a separate github project
under gluster, going forward the same would be integrated in the main repo
and hence there is no point to have this maintained as a different
component in bugzilla IMHO. @Kaushal - let us know if you think otherwise.

- glusterfs
|     |
|     |- cli