[Gluster-devel] Checklist for QEMU integration for upstream release

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Mon Sep 5 15:57:55 UTC 2016

On Sat, Sep 03, 2016 at 01:04:37AM +0530, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
> hi Bharata,
>        What tests are run before the release of glusterfs so that we make
> sure this integration is stable? Could you add that information here so
> that I can update it at
> https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-component-release-checklist

I normally run some qemu-img commands to create/copy/... VM-images. When
I have sufficient time, I start a VM based on a gluster:// URL on the
commandline (through libvirt XML files), similar to this:
  http://blog.nixpanic.net/2013/11/initial-work-on-gluster-integration.html

In case Bharata is not actively working (or interested) in QEMU and it's
Gluster driver, Prasanna and I should probably replace or get added in
the MAINTAINERS file, both of us get requests from the QEMU maintainers
directly.

Niels