[Gluster-devel] How to enable FUSE kernel cache about dentry and inode?

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Fri Sep 2 01:45:55 UTC 2016

On 09/02/2016 05:42 AM, Keiviw wrote:
> Even if I set the attribute-timeout and entry-timeout to 3600s(1h), in
> the nodeB, it didn't cache any metadata because the memory usage
> didn't change. So I was confused that why did the client not cache
> dentries and inodes.

If you only want to test fuse's caching, I would try mounting the volume
on a separate machine (not on the brick node itself), disable all
gluster performance xlators, do a find.|xargs stat on the mount 2 times
in succession and see what free(1) reports the 1st and 2nd time. You
could do this experiment with various attr/entry timeout values. Make
sure your volume has a lot of small files.
-Ravi