[Gluster-devel] Custom Transport layers

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 11:34:28 UTC 2016

On 31/10/2016 5:56 PM, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
> Is you have replica 3 and set a 3 nic bonded interface with
> balance-alb on the gluster client,  you are able to use the 3 nics
> simultaneously writing at 1gb on each node.

Actually all you need is two nics, so each node can use 2 nics for the
other two nodes.

I actually have three nics per node, currently two bonded with
balance-alb per node and I do indeed max out a 1G connection with Jumbo
frames. A VM tops out at 120MB/s in seq writes.

I did experiment with 3 nics bonded with balance-rr and managed to get
2.4Gbs throughput, balance-rr doesn't do to well with bonds bigger than 2.

Unfortunately I need a private IP for gluster and a bridge for the VM's
and I could only get OpenVSwitch to bond three nics to a bridge and a
extra IP and OVS doesn't support balance-alb.

--
Lindsay Mathieson