[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS-3.9.0 - Delete or disable experimental features

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:47:37 UTC 2016

Jeff & Shyam,

We need you opinions on this as these are your components.

3.9 is still building and shipping experimental features. The packages
being build currently include these. We shouldn't be doing this.

I have 2 changes under review [1] & [2], which disable and delete
these respectively.

Niels informed that for 3.8 they were deleted, so if we want follow
precedence, I'd prefer [2].

[1] isn't complete as it requires changes to the spec file. The change
attempts to make experimental features disabled by default, while
allowing them to enabled if required. There might be more things to
fix to make it completely correct. Even if we don't choose [1] now, I
will be forward porting it to master to allow selective building of
experimental features.

So what would you guys prefer?

~kaushal

[1]: https://review.gluster.org/15748