[Gluster-devel] Week in GlusterD-2.0
kshlmster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 06:17:36 UTC 2016
This week in GD2,
- We now have a Docker image and Vagrantfile for easier testing of GD2.
- The Dockerfiles and Vagrantfiles are available under
`/extras/dev-docker` and `/extras/test-env` in the GD2
- Docker images for testing will be automatically built for every
GD2 release from now on.
- I worked on getting the above done
- Prashanth has continued work on replacing external etcd with
embedded etcd. 
- I've begun working on implementing a prototype for flexible volgen. 
- I'll be starting a separate discussion on this on the devel list later
- We've begun discussions with James (purpleidea) on the possibilities
collaboration between GD2 and mgmt 
- We'll be working together to get elastic etcd management present
in mgmt into GD2. Prashanth will be the main collaborator with James
- We want to try to use the mgmt orchestration engine as a the
engine for the GD2 transactions.
- We'll be attempting to do a prototype of this in the upcoming
weeks to figure out how we can make this work.
That's it for this week.
More information about the Gluster-devel