[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-Maintainers] Gluster Test Thursday - Release 3.9

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Tue Oct 25 11:51:47 UTC 2016

On 10/25/2016 06:46 AM, Atin Mukherjee wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Aravinda <avishwan at redhat.com
> <mailto:avishwan at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Since Automated test framework for Gluster is in progress, we need
>     help from Maintainers and developers to test the features and bug
>     fixes to release Gluster 3.9.
>
>     In last maintainers meeting Shyam shared an idea about having a Test
>     day to accelerate the testing and release.
>
>     Please participate in testing your component(s) on Oct 27, 2016. We
>     will prepare the rc2 build by tomorrow and share the details before
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>     Test day.
>
>     RC1 Link:
>     http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/maintainers/2016-September/001442.html
>     <http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/maintainers/2016-September/001442.html>
>

> I don't think testing RC1 would be ideal as 3.9 head has moved forward
> with significant number of patches. I'd recommend of having an RC2 here.

BTW, please tag RC2 as 3.9.0rc2 (versus 3.9rc2).  It makes building
packages for Fedora much easier.

I know you were following what was done for 3.8rcX. That was a pain. :-}

3.7 and 3.6 were all 3.X.0betaY or 3.X.0qaY.

If for some reason 3.9 doesn't get released soon, I'll need to package
the RC to get 3.9 into Fedora 25 before its GA and having a packaging
friendly tag will make it that much easier for me to get that done.

(See the community packaging matrix I sent to the mailing lists and/or
at
http://gluster.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Install-Guide/Community_Packages/)

N.B. This will serve as the email part of the RC tagging discussion
action item I have.

Thanks.

--

Kaleb