[Gluster-devel] Restructuring download.gluster.org package directories (WAS: Missing Debian packages)

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Oct 19 07:56:34 UTC 2016

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 02:05:55PM -0400, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Joe Julian <joe at julianfamily.org> wrote:
> > On 10/18/2016 09:52 AM, Shane StClair wrote:
> >
> > Yes, I'm well aware that packages are built by volunteers. Right now
> > Gluster's Debian repos are breaking apt updates for anyone using these
> > repos, all of which previously worked:
> >
> > https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.7/LATEST/
> > https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.8/LATEST/Debian/
> > https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/LATEST/Debian/
> >
> > I'm trying to alert the volunteer(s) to this situation
> >

> > +1
> >
> > And I asked him to email here since those volunteers are on this list and I
> > don't know who they are for certain. I know there was a bulk of vacations
> > last week so I suspected it might be related, but I didn't know for sure.
> > It's worthy of a poke just to make sure it wasn't some sort of error or
> > oversight.
> >

> > since I assume the intent is to not break systems, and to advise that Debian
> > users be directed to not use LATEST URLs if this is the new normal.
> >

> Can we change the directory structure from <release>/LATEST/<distro>
> to <release>/<distro>/LATEST? Doing it that way will provide
> volunteers the liberty to change LATEST for a distro after the related
> packages are uploaded.

Yes, I think that would be good.

The current/old <release>/LATEST/<distro> can then become a symlink to
the <release>/<distro>/LATEST so that we dont break it for everyone.

Kaleb is doing most (if not all!) packaging that pops up on
download.gluster.org. Nigel and Misc showed some interest in helping
out, and maybe the can start with creating this new structure?

Niels