[Gluster-devel] Need help in understanding IOZone config file

Menaka Mohan menaka.m at outlook.com
Mon Oct 10 19:48:13 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am Menaka M. I am new to this open source world. Kindly help me with the following query.

I have set up the Gluster development environment with two servers and one client. I am trying to run the basic bench test on the Gluster cluster from this GitHub repo<https://github.com/gluster/gbench/tree/master/bench-tests/bt-0000-0001>. I also have IOZone installed. In that, how to generate the clients.ioz file (prerequisite 3) ? Does that refer to the file containing (client_name   work_dir    path_to_IOZone_on_client) ?

I have read multiple blogs on how to analyze the IOZone results and also the performance testing section in docs. Kindly help me resolve this confusion. If I had asked a very basic thing, apologies. I will quickly learn them.

Regards,

Menaka M