[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-Maintainers] 'Reviewd-by' tag for commits

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Sun Oct 16 11:18:44 UTC 2016

On 2016-10-16 at 02:04 +0530, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
> Which review-tool do you suggest Michael? Any other alternatives that are
> better? Don't tell me email :-)

Well, for no tool/vehicle is perfect, each sucks in some respect.
Quite frankly, of the few I have seen so far, email just sucks least,
and gerrit sucks most. That's just me, and I could elaborate, but
I won't bother you since I am obviously not one of the main
contributors to Gluster, and those should probably have the
strongest voice! :-)

Here is an interesting read on the topic:

https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/702177/d0f5decfbb3cb619/

And I am certainly not trying to convince you from
moving away from Gerrit right now - there is more
important stuff to do - but my advice is to refrain
from getting involved deeper with Gerrit by forking
it and customizing the code.

The git logs will survive, and with them, any tags in
the commit messages -- no matter which tool created them.

Cheers - Michael