[Gluster-devel] [Outreachy] Results of IOZone and smallfile bench tests with some changes.

Menaka Mohan menaka.m at outlook.com
Sun Oct 16 01:14:59 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have been able to successfully run the IOZone bench test on the Gluster setup. Kindly find the results here [1].

But for the smallfile distributed I/O benchmark, the test fails. Since we are taking 5 samples in each operation, the " --operation create " fails reporting that the file already exits from the second sample [1462.758118, None, None, None, None] . Necessary changes are to be made such that the --operation create happens only once and others ( --operation read and --operation ls-l ) run as usual. Kindly correct me, If I am wrong.

Assuming that as the reason, I have made the necessary changes to the code [sample _size for create operation is 1] and ran the bench test. Kindly find the results here [2].

I will further work on it as a single script and post the output as mentioned in the GitHub page. Since this is a very time consuming process, I will simultaneously work on the next task which is to investigate the tools to use and analyze the system resource usage across the setup.

[1]   https://paste.fedoraproject.org/451045/55349814/
[2]   https://paste.fedoraproject.org/451953/14765795/

Regards,

Menaka M