[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-Maintainers] 'Reviewd-by' tag for commits

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Sat Oct 15 05:28:39 UTC 2016

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 10:44:02PM +0530, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
> How do we get the following tags in the commit message?
>
>     > Smoke: Gluster Build System <jenkins at build.gluster.org>
>     > NetBSD-regression: NetBSD Build System <jenkins at build.gluster.org>
>     > CentOS-regression: Gluster Build System <jenkins at build.gluster.org>

We use Cherry-Pick merge strategy[1]. Gerrit adds a set of metadata based on
that.

I'm in favor of removing the entire metadata in the commit message and moving
to Rebase-If-Necessary merge type which allows patch dependencies to be
enforced by Gerrit. This is an actual problem we run into often.

If we want additional data about what happened in a review request, it should
happen directly from Gerrit via the REST API[2].

[1]: http://review.gluster.org/Documentation/project-configuration.html#submit_type
[2]: http://review.gluster.org/Documentation/rest-api-changes.html#get-change-detail

--
nigelb