[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] gfid generation

Ankireddypalle Reddy areddy at commvault.com
Tue Nov 15 22:01:27 UTC 2016

Kaushal/Pranith,
                                  Thanks for clarifying this. As I understand there are 2 id's. Please correct if there is a mistake in my assumptions:
                                  1) HASH generated by DHT and this will generate the same id for a given file all the time.
                                  2) GFID which is an version 4 UUID. As per the below links this is supposed to contain a time stamp field in it.  So this will not generate the same id for a given file all the time.
                                       https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universally_unique_identifier
                                       https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4122

Thanks and Regards,
ram