[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Notice: https://download.gluster.org:/pub/gluster/glusterfs/LATEST has changed

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Thu Nov 17 10:05:54 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 11:47 PM, Serkan Çoban <cobanserkan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> Will disperse related new futures be ported to 3.7? or we should
> upgrade for those features?

hi Serkan,
          Unfortunately, no they won't be backported to 3.7. We are adding
new features to latest releases to prevent accidental bugs slipping in
stable releases. While the features are working well, we did see a
performance problem very late in the cycle in the I/O path just with EC for
small files. You should wait before you upgrade IMO.

You were trying to test how long it takes to heal data with multi-threaded
heal in EC right? Do you want to give us feedback by trying this feature
out?

> On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 8:51 PM, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY <kkeithle at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As some of you may have noticed, GlusterFS-3.9.0 was released. Watch
> > this space for the official announcement soon.
> >
> > If you are using Community GlusterFS packages from download.gluster.org
> > you should check your package metadata to be sure that an update doesn't
> > inadvertently update your system to 3.9.
> >
> > There is a new symlink:
> > https://download.gluster.org:/pub/gluster/glusterfs/LTM-3.8 which will
> > remain pointed at the GlusterFS-3.8 packages. Use this instead of
> > .../LATEST to keep getting 3.8 updates without risk of accidentally
> > getting 3.9. There is also a new LTM-3.7 symlink that you can use for
> > 3.7 updates.
> >
> > Also note that there is a new package signing key for the 3.9 packages
> > that are on download.gluster.org. The old key remains the same for 3.8
> > and earlier packages. New releases of 3.8 and 3.7 packages will continue
> > to use the old key.
> >
> > GlusterFS-3.9 is the first "short term" release; it will be supported
> > for approximately six months. 3.7 and 3.8 are Long Term Maintenance
> > (LTM) releases. 3.9 will be followed by 3.10; 3.10 will be a LTM release
> > and 3.9 and 3.7 will be End-of-Life (EOL) at that time.
> >

> > --
> >
> > Kaleb

Pranith