[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-Maintainers] Please pause merging patches to 3.9 waiting for just one patch

Raghavendra G raghavendra at gluster.com
Thu Nov 10 15:30:46 UTC 2016

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 8:46 PM, Manikandan Selvaganesh <
manikandancs333 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Enabling/disabling quota or removing limits are the ways in which
> quota.conf is regenerated to the later version. It works properly. And as
> Pranith said, both enabling/disabling takes a lot of time to crawl(though
> now much faster with enhanced quota enable/disable process) which we cannot
> suggest the users with a lot of quota configuration. Resetting the limit
> using limit-usage does not work properly. I have tested the same. The
> workaround is based on the user setup here. I mean the steps he exactly
> used in order matters here. The workaround is not so generic.

Thanks Manikandan for the reply :). I've not tested this, but went through
the code. If I am not wrong, function glusterd_store_quota_config  would
write a quota.conf which is compatible for versions >= 3.7. This function
is invoked by glusterd_quota_limit_usage unconditionally in success path.
What am I missing here?

@Pranith,

Since Manikandan says his tests didn't succeed always, probably we should
do any of the following
1. hold back the release till we successfully test limit-usage to rewrite
quota.conf (I can do this tomorrow)
2. get the patch in question for 3.9
3. If 1 is failing, debug why 1 is not working and fix that.

regards,
Raghavendra

Raghavendra G