[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-Maintainers] Please pause merging patches to 3.9 waiting for just one patch

Manikandan Selvaganesh manikandancs333 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 15:16:04 UTC 2016

Enabling/disabling quota or removing limits are the ways in which
quota.conf is regenerated to the later version. It works properly. And as
Pranith said, both enabling/disabling takes a lot of time to crawl(though
now much faster with enhanced quota enable/disable process) which we cannot
suggest the users with a lot of quota configuration. Resetting the limit
using limit-usage does not work properly. I have tested the same. The
workaround is based on the user setup here. I mean the steps he exactly
used in order matters here. The workaround is not so generic. However,
quota enable/disable would regenerate the file on any case.

IMO, this bug is critical. I am not sure though how often users would hit
this - Updating from 3.6 to latest versions. From 3.7 to latest, its fine,
this has nothing to do with this patch.