[Gluster-devel] Weekly Community Meeting - 2016-11-09
kshlmster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 13:21:21 UTC 2016
On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 9:55 AM, Kaushal M <kshlmster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Kaushal M <kshlmster at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> This a reminder to everyone to add the updates to the meeting etherpad
>>  before the meeting starts at 1200UTC today.
> Also, add any topics you want discussed to the Open floor.
>> : https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-community-meetings
Attendance to this weeks meeting was quite poor, initially but picked
up later on.
Two topics were discussed today, about the impending shutdown of the
FSFE etherpad and the trial run of the new format meetings.
We'll be running the same format next week as well.
The meeting pad has been archived at . The logs can be found at ,,.
I'll be hosting next weeks meeting, same time (people in NA, remember
to come an hour early), same place.
Don't forget, add your topics and updates to the agenda at .
: Minutes: https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2016-11-09/community_meeting_20161109.2016-11-09-12.01.html
: Minutes (text):
: Log: https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2016-11-09/community_meeting_20161109.2016-11-09-12.01.log.html
## Topics of Discussion
### Next weeks meeting host
- kkeitheley volunteered last week.
- kkeithley can no longer host, thanks to DST.
- kshlm will host again
### Open floor
- [kshlm] FSFE etherpad is shutting down
- Need to find all existing Gluster etherpads on it
- archive whatever can be archived in the gh-wiki
- Find alternative for others
- Saravanakmr volunteered to lead the effort to find and collect
existing pads on FSFE etherpad
- https://hackmd.io suggested by post-factum
- New meeting format trial ending. Should we continue?
- The format was under trial for 3 weeks.
- +1 to continue from hchirram, post-factum, Saravanakmr, samikshan, rastar
- No changes suggested
- kshlm will ask for feedback on mailing lists.
> NOTE : Updates will not be discussed during meetings. Any important or noteworthy update will be announced at the end of the meeting
#### GlusterFS 4.0
- Tracker bug :
- Roadmap : https://www.gluster.org/community/roadmap/4.0/
- _Add updates here_
- Brick Multiplexing
#### GlusterFS 3.9
- Maintainers : pranithk, aravindavk, dblack
- Current release : 3.9.0rc2
- Next release : 3.9.0
- Release date : End of Sept 2016
- Tracker bug : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=glusterfs-3.9.0
- Open bugs : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?maxdepth=2&id=glusterfs-3.9.0&hide_resolved=1
- Roadmap : https://www.gluster.org/community/roadmap/3.9/
#### GlusterFS 3.8
- Maintainers : ndevos, jiffin
- Current release : 3.8.5
- Next release : 3.8.6
- Release date : 10 November 2016
- Tracker bug : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=glusterfs-3.8.6
- Open bugs : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?maxdepth=2&id=glusterfs-3.8.6&hide_resolved=1
- Release is planned for the weekend
#### GlusterFS 3.7
- Maintainers : kshlm, samikshan
- Current release : 3.7.17
- Next release : 3.7.18
- Release date : 30 November 2016
- Tracker bug : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=glusterfs-3.7.18
- Open bugs : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?maxdepth=2&id=glusterfs-3.7.18&hide_resolved=1
- samikshan sent out a release announcement
### Related projects and efforts
#### Community Infra
- Fedora updates for Samba v4.3.12, v4.4.7 and v4.5.1 was created and
pushed following the regression encountered with GlusterFS integration
tracked by https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12404
- [loadtheacc] https://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2016-November/051369.html
- [atinm] GlusterD-1.0 updates
### Action Items from last week
- nigelb, kshlm, will document and start the practice of recording
etherpads into Github wikis.
- Meeting etherpad has been archived
- A template for meetings has been created with instructions on how to
use the template and archive
- Still need to arrive at a common set of instructions for all
- kshlm to send out an email about Etherpad+Wiki after it's done for
the first time.
- Not done yet.
More information about the Gluster-devel