[Gluster-devel] github:gluster/container-storage - team create request

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Fri Nov 4 11:16:22 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-04 at 11:27 +0100, Michael Scherer wrote:
> Le jeudi 03 novembre 2016 à 19:04 +0100, Michael Adam a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > recently a new repo was created under the github/gluster org:
> >
> > github.com/gluster/container-storage
> >
> > This is supposed to become the home of gluster's container
> > storage project. This is the project which brings
> > gluster into the kubernetes/openshift container platform
> > as a provider of perstistent storage volumes for the
> > application containers, with gluster's service interface
> > heketi (github.com/heketi/heketi) as the central hub
> > between kubernetes/openshift and glusterfs.
> >
> > As of now, we only have the repo, and I hereby suggest
> > the creation of a container-storage-admin team
> > with admin powers on that repo, and I would request to be
> > made a member of that team.
>
> We already have a ton of team, any reason to not reuse a existing one ?
>
> In the end, this is starting to become a mess (and while that's a lost
> battle, I am all to fight against entropy), and we have to drain that
> swamp some day, so better start now.

I don't technically need a new team for that.
I thought it would be a simple way to give more
fine grained privileges to the new repo.

I don't care *how* I get the privileges.
So please feel free to do it better. What I need:

  full admin and write access to the gluster-storage repo
  including the right to manage other people's rights.

Thanks,

Michael