[Gluster-devel] Glusto-tests and libraries update
spandura at redhat.com
Thu Nov 3 10:06:19 UTC 2016
On 11/03/2016 12:31 AM, Jonathan Holloway wrote:
> Hi Gluster-Devel,
> At Gluster Developer Summit we talked about some of the things coming up with Gluster-specific libraries/tests using Glusto and Upstream CI.
> Here's a quick summary of some of the work in progress--with more details to come.
> Glustolibs-gluster libraries and test scripts:
> The Red Hat Gluster Storage QE Team has pushed a number of libraries to the glusto-tests repo and is working on docs specific to using those in test scripts.
> An initial test script for build verification has been pushed with the libraries.
> Build verification is broken into three parts.
> Part one (BVT - Build Verification Tests) currently creates a volume, mounts it, and creates some IO on it. More granular tests to be added in the near future.
> Part two (VVT - Volume Verification Tests) essentially runs part one against all volume types.
> Part three (CVT - Component Verification Tests) runs two or three P0 tests for each component.
> The initial test pushed upstream runs Parts one and two.
> Next steps for the near future are to add more documentation, the CVT test scripts, more docs, more granular BVT/VVT tests, docs, and more updates here on gluster-devel.
> Upstream CI:
> The initial BVT/VVT script has been dropped into a Jenkins job and is being tested in the upstream environment.
> I'll leave some of the details for others to fill in, but wanted to put this out there to get the conversation ball rolling.
> Jonathan (loadtheacc)
> Gluster-devel mailing list
> Gluster-devel at gluster.org
Here are more details about the glusto-tests.
*glusto-tests repo*: git at github.com:gluster/glusto-tests.git
Existing gluster operations related Libraries/Modules:*
* Volume_ops, Volume_libs: Volume related operations/helpers
* Brick_ops, Brick_libs: Brick related operations/helpers
* peer_ops: Peer related operations , helper libs
* mount_ops: mount related helpers.
* gluster_init: glusterd related helpers.
* samba_ops: Samba related helpers.
* quota_ops: Quota feature related operations/helpers
* rebalance_ops: Rebalance related operations/helpers
* tiering_ops: Tiering related operations/helpers
* snap_ops: Snapshot related operations/helpers
* bitrot_ops: Bitrot feature related operations/helpers
* uss_ops: Uss feature related helpers.
* heal_ops, heal_libs: 'heal command' related
* lib_utils: Generic helper functions.
* windows_libs: Windows machine related helper functions.
* gluster_base_class: module containing a class which defines all the
variables necessary for test case from Glusto's g.config.
*IO related Libraries/Scripts:*
* file_dir_ops: Script that provides ways to recursively
create/rename/list/stat files and dirs. (Works on both linux and
* fd_writes: opens fd on number of files specified and writes random
data for the specified time period.
* Currently there is a single test case added which tests the Part1,
Part2 of the BVT.
*What is in near plan:
* Documentation: HOWTO's, README's etc.
* Adding more tests (BVT's for few gluster features)
* Adding IO Scripts to have different workloads.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gluster-devel