[Gluster-devel] Understanding build.jenkins.org

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Mon May 30 04:51:27 UTC 2016

Hello folks,

I'm trying to get a sense of how our Jenkins instance. In particular, I'm
trying to understand the following:

1. How jobs are created. Is this version controlled or automated in any
manner?
2. How are the machines created? Do we have a standardized image?
3. Where is the code (the repository) for the tests that are run?
4. What is the process for going from updating the code for a test to
updating the job on Jenkins? Is this automated and/or documented?
5. How many of the jobs are critical?
6. What is the process for creating new jobs/new types of tests?

Bonus Question: Is there any friction that you'd like to see us reduce?

--
nigelb