[Gluster-devel] Memory usage behavior for nested directories

Kremmyda, Olympia (Nokia - GR/Athens) olympia.kremmyda at nokia.com
Thu May 26 15:02:14 UTC 2016

Hi,

We use Gluster 3.6.9 in one replicated volume (named "log"), with two bricks.
Our tests include Nested Directory Creation operations (Creation from 1000 up to 250000 Directory Trees) with 396 depth and no deletion is performed.

We have observed the following memory usage statistics shown in the images:
        https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=1162032
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=1162033
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=1162034
(statedumps are in https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=1162035 )

and we would like your opinion if this memory usage is normal for glusterfs.
Also after our tests, we delete these directories and the memory  is not released.
Can you describe us the expected memory behaviour in these cases?

Thank you,
Olia