[Gluster-devel] tarissue.t spurious failure

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Thu May 19 12:51:42 UTC 2016

On 05/19/2016 04:47 PM, Ravishankar N wrote:
> On 05/19/2016 04:44 PM, Krutika Dhananjay wrote:
>> Also, I must add that I ran it in a loop on my laptop for about 4
>> hours and it ran without any failure.
>
> There seems to be a genuine problem. The test was failing on my
> machine 1/4 times on master.

Okay, so that was on an old machine having tar-1.23. Installed tar-1.29
on it and ran the test 100 times, no failure.
Does anyone have a suggestion? Can the tar version be upgraded on the
slaves?
The test that fails is the tar command because it spews out the warning
due to which the return value is not zero:

FAILED COMMAND: tar cvf /tmp/dir1.tar.gz /mnt/nfs/0/nfs/dir1
tar: Removing leading `/' from member names
tar: /mnt/nfs/0/nfs/dir1/dir2/file6: file changed as we read it

-Ravi