[Gluster-devel] Questions on Statedump results

Kremmyda, Olympia (Nokia - GR/Athens) olympia.kremmyda at nokia.com
Sat May 14 09:37:18 UTC 2016

Hi,

We have observed in some statedumps, these entries during our tests:
We use Gluster 3.6.9 and our tests include the creation of 4000 files, 1MB each, in one replicated volume, with two bricks.
      pool-name=fuse:dentry_t
      hot-count=78
      cold-count=32690
      padded_sizeof=84
      alloc-count=40121
      max-alloc=32768
      pool-misses=7347
      cur-stdalloc=0
      max-stdalloc=7347
      -----=-----
      pool-name=fuse:inode_t
      hot-count=87
      cold-count=32681
      padded_sizeof=156
      alloc-count=165684
      max-alloc=32768
      pool-misses=19253
      cur-stdalloc=1
      max-stdalloc=7350
Are these values of pool-misses expected? Is there an indication of memory leak?

Also in the data structure allocation stats:
      [mount/fuse.fuse - usage-type gf_fuse_mt_gids_t memusage]
      size=968
      num_allocs=1024
      max_size=8200
      max_num_allocs=1025
      total_allocs=106176
If the size is “num_allocs times the sizeof(data‐type) i.e. num_allocs * sizeof (data‐type)”, how can it be in this case the num_allocs to be 1024 and the size to be smaller than 1024?

And one other question, can you explain to us what is the gf_common_mt_long pool, and why it is initialized only in production code (#ifndef DEBUG) in function mem_pool_new_fn?

Thank you for your time,
Olia