[Gluster-devel] question on gluster volume heal VOLUME info command

Angelos SAKELLAROPOULOS angelos.sakellaropoulos at gmail.com
Tue May 10 19:49:56 UTC 2016

Hi,

My question is embedded below.

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 3:14 PM, Ravishankar N <ravishankar at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On 05/10/2016 04:37 PM, Angelos SAKELLAROPOULOS wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I use Glusterfs (branch v.3.6.9). I would like to ask you what does
"gluster volume heal VOLUME" command show ?

> This launches index heal.
>
> I use GlusterFs as shared storage and check the output of "gluster volume
heal VOLUME info" and "gluster volume heal VOLUME info split-brain"
commands. I would like to ask you what is the difference between above two
commands in

> The first lists all files that need heal (including split-brain ones)
while the second one only lists ones in split-brain.

Apart from "split-brain" what other type of problem could the file have in
order to be listed there (that potentially the gluster could 'heal') ?

> glusterfs version 3.6.9 ? Moreover, I get the following output when
executing above commands in my system:

accurate. (http://review.gluster.org/9459)

> #gluster volume heal test_volume info
> Brick server1:/mnt/bricks/test_volume/brick
>

> You need to see why you're getting ENOTCONN here. Is the brick up? Check
glfsheal-<volname>.log on the bricks. If both bricks are up, even  "gluster
volume heal VOLUME info"  should print the file that is in split-brain.

> -Ravi
>
> Brick server2:/mnt/bricks/test_volume/brick
>  /aDirectory/aFile
> then I try to check output of gluster volume heal info split-brain
command:
> #gluster volume heal test_volume split-brain
> Gathering list of split brain entries on volume services has been
successful
> Brick server1:/mnt/bricks/test_volume/brick
> Number of entries:0
> Brick server2:/mnt/bricks/test_volume/brick
> Number of entries:0
> I also hexdump file /ment/bricks/test_volume/brick/aDirectory/aFile and
receive input/output error and I wonder why "gluster volume heal VOLUME
info split-brain" does not show
/mnt/bricks/test_volume/brick/aDirectory/aFile in split brain mode ?