[Gluster-devel] Show and Tell sessions for Gluster 4.0

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Mon May 9 18:26:27 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 2:01 PM, Amye Scavarda <amye at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 11:50 PM, Raghavendra Talur <rtalur at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 11:55 AM, Atin Mukherjee <amukherj at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> In the view of keeping the visibility of the work completed vs work in
>>> progress and getting some fruitful feedback from the community we are
>>> thinking of having a hangout/bluejeans session for 30-45 minutes once in
>>> every month. The sessions will be concentrating on discussing the work
>>> done over the last month and demoing few pieces of Gluster 4.0 projects
>>> and what's the expectation for the coming month(s).
>>>
>>> There are couple of options we have w.r.t scheduling these sessions.
>>>
>>> 1. We use the weekly community meeting slot once in a month
>>> or 2. Have a dedicated separate slot (probably @ 12:00 UTC, last
>>> Thursday of each month)
>>

>> I would prefer dedicated time slot.
>>

>>> I'd request you to vote for any of these two and based on that we can
>>> move forward.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Atin
>

> If we use a dedicated timeslot of 12:00 UTC, we'll never be able to have
> folks from Pacific weigh in.
> I'd suggest more of a rotating timeslot, but we've not had good luck getting
> traction around that.
> - amye

+1 to this. How about 1500 UTC? That should give time zones where we
have more presence (North America, Europe, India) an equal chance to
be present.

I think accommodating one more meeting in everybody's busy schedules
might be tough. We already have 4 bug triage meetings and 4 community
meetings in a month. Adding one more might cause us to spread
ourselves thin across these meetings. How about not doing a community
or bug triage meeting in the same week when we schedule this meeting?

We could turn this meeting into a Gluster.next meeting so that
everybody who is working on something new in Gluster gets a chance to
showcase their work.

Thanks!
Vijay