[Gluster-devel] Worm translator not truly disabled by default?

Joseph Fernandes josferna at redhat.com
Wed May 4 00:51:23 UTC 2016

Well I completely agree with Krutika that doing a getxattr for every FOP is not required
if the worm or worm-file option is off.

Karthik,
And you need to check if the worm or worm-file option is set, then only go ahead and do the checking.
For now as the feature is experimental and the whole purpose is to provide the WORM/Retention semantic
experience to user.
Later when the feature matures, Once the volume is changed to "Enterprise WORM/Retention" Mode,there
would be no going back.

Could you please send out a patch for this asap ?

Regards,
Joe