[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-Maintainers] Update on 3.7.10 - on schedule to be tagged at 2200PDT 30th March.

Kotresh Hiremath Ravishankar khiremat at redhat.com
Thu Mar 31 13:34:50 UTC 2016

Inline...

----- Original Message -----

    In the above scenario, when an unlink comes on a entry, in changelog xlator, it's 'loc->pargfid'
    was getting modified to "/". So consequence is that , when it hits posix, the 'loc->pargfid' would be pointing
    to "/" instead of actual parent. This is not so terrible yet, as we are saved by posix. Posix checks
    for "loc->path" first, only if it's not filled, it will use "pargfid/bname" combination. So only for
    clients like self-heal who does not populate 'loc->path' and the same basename exists on root, the
    unlink happens on root instead of actual path.