[Gluster-devel] Report ESTALE as ENOENT

Raghavendra Gowdappa rgowdapp at redhat.com
Wed Mar 23 08:33:34 UTC 2016

Hi all,

rm has a different behavior for ESTALE when compared to ENOENT. So, we shouldn't be reporting ENOENT errors as ESTALE. I've a fix for fuse [1]. Similar fix is necessary for NFS and gfapi (samba too?).

Also, reviews on [1] is much appreciated as this patch unconditionally converts all ESTALE to ENOENT, which might not be correct behavior always. Sometimes ESTALE might be a valid errno. If you point me when it is necessary to report ESTALE errors unchanged, I'll accommodate the comments in the patch.

@Soumya/Poornima/Raghavendra,

Is it possible to send an analogous patch to NFS and gfapi?

[1] http://review.gluster.org/#/c/13816/

regards,
Raghavendra