[Gluster-devel] Flooding of client logs with JSON fop statistics under DEBUG log-level

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Sun Mar 20 11:42:49 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 03:14:08PM -0400, Jeff Darcy wrote:
> > Since we have a volume set option(diagnostics.stats-dump-interval) to
> > increase/decrease the dump interval can't we make its default value to 0
> > which will disable dumping statistics at first place?
>
> I don't have a particularly strong opinion on the matter.  My *personal*
> preference is to disable periodic stats, but I'm a developer.  What's most
> convenient for me might not be what's best for users/operators.

We have not broadly advertised this feature. I do not know if it is in
the documentation at all? (Search is broken, so that's difficult to
check.)

Disabling by default sounds good to me, users that want to enable it can
then select the right interval for their use-case. Just make sure the
documentation is updated/added too.

Niels