[Gluster-devel] where are the current nightly builds of glusterfs located?

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Mar 15 14:56:37 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 08:21:13AM +0100, Niels de Vos wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 11:02:10PM -0400, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> > On 03/11/2016 10:46 AM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> > >Just replying by email because you left IRC a few minutes ago.
> > >
> > >   15:06 < hagarth> ndevos: ping, where are the current nightly builds of glusterfs located?
> > >   16:36 -!- hagarth [~vijay at 71.234.224.255] has quit [Ping timeout: 268 seconds]
> > >
> > >Nobody cared about them for MONTHS. There are no real builds at the
> > >moment.
> > >
> > >However, the CentOS CI does nightly builds and runs the libgfapi-python
> > >tests against the RPMs. It is not the intention to have htese RPMs used
> > >for general consumption, tests should mainly run in the CentOS CI. These
> > >builds are "only" CentOS-7 RRPs, and you will need to enable the CentOS
> > >Storage SIG repository to get the dependencies. So, on CentOS 7 you can
> > >do:
> > >
> > >   # yum -y install centos-release-gluser yum-utils
> > >   # yum-config-manager --add-repo=http://artifacts.ci.centos.org/gluster/nightly/master.repo
> > >   # yum -y install glusterfs-server
> > >
> > >This should give you yesterdays RPMs from the master branch. You can do
> > >daily updates by executing "yum update" if you are even more
> > >adventurous.
> > >

> > Thank you for the update Niels.
> >
> > Given the growing chain of dependencies to build from source, I think it
> > might be a good idea to have nightly builds for both CentOS 6 & 7 - the
> > platforms where we seem to have the most adoption. What would it involve to
> > restart the nightly builds from copr for both mainline and release-3.7?
>
> We can provide more builds for CentOS on their artifacts server. I am
> not aware of a huge amount of testing that happened with nightly builds,
> so if traffic is kept resonable it should not be an issue.
>
> I'm not sure yet what the best approach for this is, we could use
> multiple Jenkins jobs that run with different parameters, or maybe have
> something schedule a run with the same job, and the scheduler passes the
> different parameters.
>
> This would be the packages that we can do:
>
>     .-----------------.----------------.--------------.
>     | Gluster version | CentOS version | architecture |
>     |-----------------+----------------+--------------|
>     |     master      |       7        |    x86_64    |
>     |     master      |       6        |    x86_64    |
>     |     master      |       6        |     i686     |
>     |   release-3.7   |       7        |    x86_64    |
>     |   release-3.7   |       6        |    x86_64    |
>     |   release-3.7   |       6        |     i686     |
>     '-----------------'----------------'--------------'
>
> release-3.6 is an option as well.

There are now (and hopefully run automatically nightly) four different
builds available on the CentOS CI artifacts server:

 - CentOS-7/x86_64 and Gluster master
 - CentOS-7/x86_64 and Gluster release-3.7
 - CentOS-6/x86_64 and Gluster master
 - CentOS-6/x86_64 and Gluster release-3.7

> I can spend some time on getting these package available, but I'll add
> that I require that someone adds tests for them in the CentOS CI (or
> elsewhere with public test results). Who will with the actual test jobs
> that run on all these different versions and arches?

Please keep this list informed about any testing with those packages.

Thanks,
Niels