[Gluster-devel] Running Vagrant tests on the CentOS CI (WAS: Re: 3.7.9 update)

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Mar 15 11:24:02 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 03:40:36PM +0530, M S Vishwanath Bhat wrote:
> On 15 March 2016 at 11:54, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:

> > > If we identify all the release tests to be done,  I can write distaf test
> > > cases for the same. We can possibly run them in the vagrant setup as
> > well.
> >
> > Running these distaf tests in a Vagrant environment should be possible
> > in the CentOS CI. James Shubin has some tests he runs like that, and can
> > point you to them for inspiration (Oh-my-vagrant?).
> >

> If it is in CentOS CI, then why do we need vagrant? I'm not sure how
> vagrant would make things more simple.

I do not know what tests will run in a Vagrant environment. If those
tests are the same as the ones distaf runs, then I think we do not need
it. In case other tests run in the Vagrant setup, we probably should run
them in addition.

> We can use duffy to provision the machines, we can use gdeploy to install
> glusterfs and use distaf to run the tests. In the nightly job I created, it
> is using the same (minus the gdeploy, they don't have gdeploy in pypi yet).

My hope is to get gdeploy as part of the Storage SIG and use that for
provisioning too :) The dependency on Ansible is not really solved
yet... I do not know of a CentOS repository that contains the package.

Niels