[Gluster-devel] Code profiling tool

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Mon Mar 14 06:58:14 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 11:48:41AM +0800, jayakrishnan mm wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to profile  some part of the  source  code  in glsuterfs. Can
> anybody  suggest some  tool ?

For source code, you probably want to look into "strace -c" or its
"ltrace" equivalent. Perf would also be an option.

If the code tends to be network related, I suggest capturing the traffic
with tcpdump and inspecting with Wireshark. The "tshark" commandline
tool also has great features like "-z rpc,srt,..." for showing the
Servise Response Time.

There is also "gluster volume top" and "gluster volume profile" you may
want to check.

HTH,
Niels