[Gluster-devel] where are the current nightly builds of glusterfs located?

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Mon Mar 14 03:02:10 UTC 2016

On 03/11/2016 10:46 AM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> Just replying by email because you left IRC a few minutes ago.
>
>    15:06 < hagarth> ndevos: ping, where are the current nightly builds of glusterfs located?
>    16:36 -!- hagarth [~vijay at 71.234.224.255] has quit [Ping timeout: 268 seconds]
>
> Nobody cared about them for MONTHS. There are no real builds at the
> moment.
>
> However, the CentOS CI does nightly builds and runs the libgfapi-python
> tests against the RPMs. It is not the intention to have htese RPMs used
> for general consumption, tests should mainly run in the CentOS CI. These
> builds are "only" CentOS-7 RRPs, and you will need to enable the CentOS
> Storage SIG repository to get the dependencies. So, on CentOS 7 you can
> do:
>
>    # yum -y install centos-release-gluser yum-utils
>    # yum-config-manager --add-repo=http://artifacts.ci.centos.org/gluster/nightly/master.repo
>    # yum -y install glusterfs-server
>
> This should give you yesterdays RPMs from the master branch. You can do
> daily updates by executing "yum update" if you are even more
> adventurous.

Thank you for the update Niels.

Given the growing chain of dependencies to build from source, I think it
might be a good idea to have nightly builds for both CentOS 6 & 7 - the
platforms where we seem to have the most adoption. What would it involve
to restart the nightly builds from copr for both mainline and release-3.7?

Regards,
Vijay