[Gluster-devel] Location of distaf tests

M S Vishwanath Bhat msvbhat at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 13:32:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

When we were discussing about the readiness of distaf for upstream test
automation, this question came up, That we should have a process or
workflow for proposing, reviewing and including the tests somewhere.

Right now the tests are part of distaf repository (github.com/gluster/distaf)
itself. And contributing to distaf is by sending a PR. But we want this to
be included in gerrit so that review and contributing process becomes much
easier. But the question still remains... where? Right now I can think of
below options.

* Use the same distaf repo in github for tests as well.
* Create a separate repo distaf_gluster_tests (or something similar) and
have all the tests there.
* Or have a tests/distaf/ directory inside glusterfs repository. And this
tests can be bundled in a rpm and distributed. This directory will have
both the test cases and related library functions.

Please let us know what your preferred option is. If you have any other
ideas, please let us know as well.

Best Regards,
Vishwanath