[Gluster-devel] WORM/Retention Feature - 04/03/2016

Karthik Subrahmanya ksubrahm at redhat.com
Fri Mar 4 13:22:24 UTC 2016

Hi all,

This week's status:

-The implementation of buffered way of storing the WORM-Retention profile:
In this way we will have more space for storing additional profile entries
for a file, for which the requirements may arise in the future.

-Tested the program with distributed and replicated type of volumes.

-Working on handling the utime changes for the WORM-Retained files:
Based on the "Mode of Retention" (Relax/Enterprise) I'm trying to handle
the utime changes.
  -If the mode is set to "Relax", then it allows to both increase
   and decrease the retention time of a WORM-Retained file.
  -If it is "Enterprise" then it allows only to increase the retention time
   of a WORM-Retained file.

Plan for next week:
-Complete the utime handling task
-Implementing the "auto-commit" feature
-Writing a blog on WORM/Retention Semantics
-Addressing the review comments by Prashanth Pai <ppai at redhat.com> on the
 WORM/Retention Semantics specs document

Current work:
POC: http://review.gluster.org/#/c/13429/
Spec: http://review.gluster.org/13538
Feature page: http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Features/gluster_compliance_archive

Your valuable reviews and suggestions are most welcome

Thanks & Regards,
Karthik Subrahmanya