[Gluster-devel] glusterd crashing

Atin Mukherjee atin.mukherjee83 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 01:31:54 UTC 2016

-Atin
Sent from one plus one
On 04-Mar-2016 6:12 am, "Joseph Fernandes" <josferna at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Ajil,
>
> Well few things,
>
> 1. Whenever you see a crash its better to send across the Backtrace(BT)
using gdb and attach the log files (or share it via some cloud drive)

> 2. About the memory leak, What kind of tools are you using for profiling
memory, valgrind ? if so please attach the valgrind reports.
>    $> glusterd --xlator-option *.run-with-valgrind=yes
>
> 3. Well I am not sure if glusterd uses any of the mempools as we do in
client and brick processes, Atin can shed some light on this.
>    Well In that case you can used the statedump mechanism check for
mem-leaks check the glusterfs/doc/debugging/statedump.md
GlusterD does use mempool and it has infra for capturing statedump as well.
I am aware of few bytes of memory leaks in few paths which is really not a
huge concern but it shouldn't crash.

atin.mukherjee83 at gmail.com