[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-infra] All rpm jobs are now in jenkins job builder

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Wed Jun 29 11:55:39 UTC 2016

On 06/28/2016 08:07 PM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:

> I have a follow-up question on the production of these artifacts -
> when do we check whether the RPMs or, the images produced are sane?
> For example, that the RPMs are packaged well and as per specifications

For Fedora/RHEL/CentOS rpms:

 + People file bugs, e.g. against Fedora/glusterfs or
GlusterFS/packaging, and we fix them.

 + Some of us  occasionally do package reviews for new packages and/or
closely follow the Fedora packaging guidelines and when we see something
that ought to be done in the glusterfs packaging we fix it.

 + Every once in a while I run rpmlint and address the things it finds.

 + And of course we get feedback from downstream packaging.

 + Finally, I  keep the Fedora dist-git .spec and our upstream .spec in
sync.

For SuSE RPMs I use a .spec file based on the one that SuSE uses/used
for their distribution's bundled packages.

For Debian/Ubuntu debs I use packaging bits provided by Louis Zuckerman
(irc nick: semiosis) that he developed with, I believe, the help of
Patrick Matthaei, the Debian packager who builds Debian's bundled
packages. Resyncing with Patrick's packaging bits is on my list of
things to do in my copious spare time. In the mean time people
occasionally report issues with the debs and I fix them.

--

Kaleb