[Gluster-devel] How to enbale the fuse cache in kernel?

Keiviw keiviw at 163.com
Wed Jun 29 08:20:46 UTC 2016

hi,
    I have found that VFS cache(inode, dentry cache)  doesn't support  filesystems with FUSE.And then, FUSE kernel module provides metadata cache(inode,dentry) for higher performance. In GlusterFS 3.3.0/xlators/mount/fuse/src/fuse-bridge.c, there were some options to enable attribute and entry cache.
    Here is my question:
    1, What is the correct way to enable fuse metadata cache ?
    2, Is there something wrong with my mount command, "mount -t glusterfs -o attribute-timeout=86400.0 -o entry-timeout=86400.0 -o direct-io-mode=enable server:/volumename /mnt/glusterfs"?
    3, When I set attribute-timeout=XXX,entry-timeout=XXX,XXX stands for some invalid parameter, it didn't throw an error. How to explain the phenomenon?